Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Boost the Signal Results

So we tried the Wilson Electronics signal booster and it kinda worked.

Instead of no service, we get one bar, sometimes two.

A couple of notes - the cable I bought for the internal antenna fits the antenna, but not the booster.  The booster connection is smaller.  So I had to get an adapter.

Second, when I tested the antenna I did so by putting it a top of a wooden structure I have on my RV lot, and it seemed to work, but when we attached it to the TV antenna on the top of the RV, it does not work.  It must be some interference with the TV antenna.  So next weekend we will need to uninstall the antenna and try something else.  I may try the smaller magnetic mount antenna in the back of my Airstream.  I got a 12" x 12" metal plate to put it on, and will try that.  This means that the entire contraption will be installed in our bedroom instead of up front, but that internal antenna is supposed to cover 7500 square feet, which is larger than my entire RV lot.  We will see.  Stay tuned.

UPDATE: I figured out why the antenna doesn't work. The male appendage broke off. That's how I feel after all this work. I tried the magnetic antenna, and it doesn't work as well.  I need a new antenna. Stat tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment